Category: smoxnebwqgme

World Bank provides $400 million to boost health insurance in Egypt

first_imgA person enters the building of the Washington-based global development lender, The World Bank Group, in Washington on January 17, 2019. – World Bank current President Jim Yong Kim announced on January 7, 2019, that he would cut short his tenure as president more than three years before his second term was to end. The World Bank Board said it would start accepting nominations for a new leader early next month and name a replacement for Kim by mid-April 2019. (Photo by Eric BARADAT / AFP) (Photo credit should read ERIC BARADAT/AFP/Getty Images) People wearing face masks walk on a street in Cairo, Egypt, on June 12, 2020.(Xinhua/Ahmed Gomaa)The World Bank said on Tuesday it would provide $400 million to support universal health coverage in Egypt as the country struggles with rising numbers of new coronavirus cases.The funding will help Egypt increase the reach of its universal health insurance system in six governorates and offer temporary financial protection to those hit by high out-of-pocket health expenditures linked to the coronavirus outbreak, the bank said in a statement.Egypt’s health ministry has confirmed 47,856 coronavirus cases, and 1,766 deaths, with the daily increase in cases rising in recent weeks as the government has slightly eased some restrictions on movement.Though the government has announced increases in health spending during the coronavirus outbreak, the sector has suffered from decades of under-investment.Quality of public health provision is often poor, and many Egyptians either lack health insurance or do not use it due to concerns over quality of care at government facilities, according to a World Bank report from 2018.The World Bank launched a five-year, $530 million programme to support Egypt’s healthcare system in 2018 that includes screening and treatment for Hepatitis C and non-communicable diseases, health facility improvement and healthcare worker training.Related World Bank approves 3 billion dollars loan for Egypt Egypt to get $ 3B from World Bankcenter_img World Bank delivers $82 million boost to Nigeria’s public health effortslast_img read more

More squatters could be taken to court

first_imgDismantled houses at Canefield East.Chief physical planner, Kelvin Rolle says more people are likely to be taken to court under the state Lands Act for squatting. Over 12 squatters in Canefield East have been served with compliance notices but have failed to vacate the area. The squatters were given a May 2, 2014 deadline to vacate however they claim to have no alternative accommodation. So far three squatters have been taken to court resulting in the demolition of two houses there. “The people were taken to court under the state Lands Act by the Lands and Surveys Division, the court gave rulings that they should demolish the buildings which they did not do, so the government moved in and demolished the buildings,” he said. Rolle described the situation move by the squatters as “unfortunate” because of the constant warnings by Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit and Housing Minister Reginald Austrie that squatting in the Canefield East area will not be condoned by the government. “They have also heard the Minister of Housing and Lands talk on the issue that if they have built structures, the better thing to do was to dismantle it and if they are in some need then they should make their case to the Minister of Housing,” he said. To date close to fifteen houses have been constructed illegally in the Canefield East area.Rolle noted that government was in the process of resettling squatters who had moved in the area; however the latest influx of squatters frustrated this effort. “We have always been monitoring the people and the government was in the process of trying to resettle these persons but we didn’t want additional people to go there because it’s a planned development”.“We have to make sure that we develop this country in a very orderly way, if persons were to just go and squat it would be chaotic,” he noted. According to Rolle, the Lands and Surveys Division, under the state Lands Act will continue to take squatters to court and as long as the court rules that these structures should be demolished, then they will move in and demolish them.Dominica Vibes News 16 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Tweet Sharecenter_img Share LocalNews More squatters could be taken to court by: – June 11, 2014 Sharelast_img read more

UWP denies claims of replacement candidate for Roseau North

first_imgLocalNews UWP denies claims of replacement candidate for Roseau North by: Dominica Vibes News – April 18, 2015 Share Tweet Share Sharing is caring!center_img Share 221 Views   one comment Deputy leader of the Opposition United Workers Party (UWP) Joshua Francis has refuted claims that the party is in search of a new candidate for the Roseau North constituency, as a result of a court case involving the current MP. Daniel ‘Danny’ Lugay, who won the Roseau North Constituency seat comfortably in the 2014 general election, was charged with incitement to murder for saying “some people deserved to die” at a public meeting in Soufriere on 3 July 2014.The preliminary inquiry for this trial is scheduled to commence next week and it is being reported that there is fear among party officials that Lugay could lose the case.“The assertion that there is a movement on the ground in the Roseau North constituency to replace Danny Lugay, I don’t know of that as a party,” Francis told Dominica Vibes.“The United Workers Party, Team Dominica; we are not aware of that and as such I dismiss this as ludicrous and whoever is peddling that information is either misinformed or operating in political malice,” Francis added. Lugay, who was also contacted by Dominica Vibes said, “You don’t know what you are talking about, I don’t know of any meeting”. He is being represented by attorneys Joshua Francis and Cara Shillingford.last_img read more

RFMD Appoints Alan Hallberg as Chief Marketing Officer

first_imgRF Micro Devices, Inc. announced the appointment of Alan Hallberg as the Company’s corporate vice president and chief marketing officer (CMO). In the role of CMO, Mr. Hallberg will oversee RFMD’s global marketing activities and will be based in RFMD’s growing Silicon Valley, CA, location. He will report to RFMD’s president and CEO Bob Bruggeworth. Mr. Hallberg is a seasoned industry veteran with extensive experience in marketing and branding at technology leaders including Lenovo, Cisco, and Apple. Most recently, he served as vice president, global brand communications at Lenovo, where he led a two-year global re-branding and marketing effort that contributed to the company’s rise from #4 to the world’s #1 PC maker. Commenting on the appointment, Mr. Bruggeworth said, “We are pleased to welcome Alan to RFMD as chief marketing officer. His extensive industry experience is well suited to growing RFMD’s global marketing activities and communicating our product and technology leadership to current and new audiences.” Mr. Hallberg said, “I am thrilled to join a world-class innovator in the rapidly growing market for mobile Internet and always-on broadband connectivity. RFMD is leading the way with breakthrough products and technologies that enable true innovation at the enterprise and consumer device level, and I’m excited to lead their global marketing team to help drive growth.” Mr. Hallberg graduated from Pomona College and holds a law degree from the University of Virginia. He lives in Palo Alto, CA, with his wife and two sons. For more information please visit http://www.rfmd.com.last_img read more

Stasiun di Jepang Akan Uji Coba Alat Deteksi Benda Berbahaya

first_imgSelain itu pemerintah juga ingin melihat apakah dengan adanya sistem keamanan di kereta api ini merepotkan penumpang atau tidak. Sedangkan untuk menguji kelayakan perangkat setiap hari dan akan dibandingkan selama acara internasional terkemuka yang akan dilaksanakan di Tokyo yakni Olimpiade dan Paralimpik.Bulan Februari direncanakan uji coba sistem tersebut akan dilakukan di stasiun bawah tanah Kasumigaseki, tetapi rinciannya dapat berubah disebabkan pihak kementerian baru saja menerima proposal dari pembuat perangkat dan operator kereta api pada Senin (14/1/2019).“Kami juga sadar akan seruan untuk meningkatkan keamanan di kereta,” ujar pejabat kementerian tersebut.Diketahui pada bulan Juni 2018 , satu penumpang tewas dan dua lainnya terluka ketika seorang lelaki berusia 20an dengan pisau mengamuk di dekat Yokohama saat naik kereta cepat dari Tokyo ke Osaka. Setelah kejadian itu, kementerian transportasi segera mempertimbangkan untuk memperkenalkan inspeksi bagasi, tetapi rencana itu ditentang oleh perusahaan kereta api.Sebagai gantinya, kementerian memutuskan untuk melarang membawa pisau yang tidak terbungkus di kereta mulai bulan April. Operator kereta api berpendapat bahwa inspeksi tidak nyaman karena mereka menambah waktu transit untuk penumpang. Mereka juga mengatakan sulit menemukan ruang di stasiun untuk dipersembahkan untuk tujuan inspeksi.Sedangkan di Singapura, alat pendeteksi logam mulia mulai seperti di bandara dipasang di stasiun MRT Singapura dan mulai diuji coba pada Desember 2018 kemarin. Alat pemindai ini untuk memeriksa barang bawaan penumpang.Baca juga: Akibat Tas Make Up Lolos dari Alat Pemindai, 700 Penumpang Terdampar di Bandara MunichKarena hal ini beberapa penumpang mengeluhkan adanya pendeteksian barang bawaan mereka. Sebab dalam waktu sepuluh menit rata-rata ada empat orang yang melalui pemindaian. Meski begitu ada pula penumpang yang merasa aman.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Like this:Like Loading… RelatedKekurangan SDM, Perkeretaapian Jepang Siap Adopsi Sistem Robotika dan Kecerdasan Buatan02/02/2019In “Darat”Utamakan Produk Dalam Negeri, Indonesia Pertimbangkan Pembatasan Impor Kereta dari Jepang04/07/2017In “Darat”Dianggap Pelanggaran Minor, di Kereta Komuter Jepang Ada Marka “Dilarang Meludahi Petugas”09/03/2019In “Featured” Stasiun Jepang (Business Lounge Journal) Sebagai negara dengan kemajuan teknologi yang cukup pesat, Jepang akan menguji sistem pendeteksi benda berbahaya yang dibawa penumpang kereta api. Rencananya sistem deteksi ini akan diuji coba pada akhir Maret 2019 untuk meningkatkan keamanan dalam transportasi umum.Baca juga: Alat Pemindai dan Detektor Logam Uji Coba Perdana di Stasiun MRT Little IndiaPejabat Kementerian Transportasi mengatakan, pembuat peralatan untuk sistem ini telah mengajukan proposal ke Kementerian Pertahanan, Infrastruktur, Transportasi dan Pariwisata agar perangkat sistem ini bisa mendeteksi benda berbahaya seperti piasu dan bahan peledak yang dibawa oleh penumpang kereta api. Dilansir KabarPenumpang.com dari staradvertiser.com (17/1/2019), dengan adanya sistem ini, pejabat tersebut mengatakan pihak pemerintah akan menguji langkah-langkah keamanan yang diterapkan.last_img read more

Brazil agrees to equal pay for men, women players

first_imgBrazil’s football federation (CBF) has announced that it will now pay men and women under the national team, the same amount.With this development, Brazil joins Australia, Norway, and New Zealand to agree to equal pay.This means Brazil’s female players including Marta, Formiga, and Leticia Santos will receive the same payments and allowances as Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, and Roberto Firmino.Rogerio Caboclo, the federation’s president said in a statement; “The CBF has equalled the prize money and allowances between men’s and women’s football, which means the women players will earn the same as the men”.“It will be proportionally the same as what Fifa proposes for women, that is to say, there will be no more gender difference in remuneration between men and women,” Caboclo added.The new directive will be applied to the teams participating in the Olympics next year as well as the next World Cup tournaments.’last_img read more

Boxing challenge gets K20,000 boost

first_imgBoxing The Tourism Promotion Authority has give a K20,000 boost for the Kokoda Boxing Challenge at the Laman Gold Club in Port Moresby tomorrow. The event will see 18 bouts, with 10 male boxers and eight female fighters competing against the visiting New South Wales contingent. TPA chief executive officer Jerry Argus presented the K20,000 cheque with the main focus on pushing for the development of sports tourism in the country. “We are happy to provide a funding assistance to the PNG Boxing Federation to help our athletes,” he said. Argus added that Kokoda is an iconic tourism area and it was fitting to help the athletes prepare for the Commonwealth Games while using the authority’s sports concept to market the iconic tourism spot such as the Kokoda Track. PNG Boxing Federation president John Avira said the event was held in Sydney last year. He said two teams represented Papua New Guinea at the event. Tomorrow’s premier event will feature the New South Wales side and team PNG who have been in intensive training in Manila, Philippines, ahead of the challenge put on a great battle. “Some of the NSW boxers are also in the Commonwealth Games team so it good our fighters to get the exposure before the games on the Gold Coast,” he said. Avira thanked TPA for the partnership and looked forward to supporting them in carrying out their promotions to help tourism and sports grow through boxing. Team PNG boxers arrived in the country yesterday and will be participating at the event alongside other selected members of the affiliated associations in PNG. They include Laisani Soma (60kg female), and three male fighters in Charlie Keama (52kg), John Ume (64kg) and Thaddeus Katoa (60kg).last_img read more

Toti City FC leave for OFC Champions League finals

first_imgSoccer BY FRANKIY KAPIN Soccer champions Toti City FC (formerly known as Lae City Dwellers) will be Papua New Guinea’s only representative club at the 2018 OFC Champions League quarter finals in Auckland, New Zealand. The PNG champions leave today for New Zealand for their much anticipated opening match against Wellington FC on Saturday. Toti City FC coach Peter Gunemba said he is hopeful the remaining three matches in the National Soccer League did not put so much strain on them to and their confidence to add a back-to-back premiership title. “We have the players and the right attitude and our participation and exposure in the OFC gives us the breadth of experience and understanding of each other competing in the NSL,” Gunemba said. He added that the focus for Toti City FC in the OFC Champions League remained intact after an impressive finish in the first leg. Gunemba said the travelling team is likely to be trimmed down to at least 15 players. He said so far after last Sunday’s NSL challenge, he is confident that Toti City FC have stepped up and are ready for their quarter final match against Wellington FC. The other quarter final match will see Solomon Islands champions Marist FC up against Vanuatu champions Nakultan FC. In another quarter final match, AS Dragons of Tahiti meet Lautoka FC of Fiji while Auckland City face Solomon Warriors on Sunday. Although they will be competing as Lae City Dwellers as per the Oceania Football Confederation qualifying requirements from last year, new franchise owner Lae Biscuit Company, in its inaugural year of sponsorship has invested more than a million annually on sports. Toti City FC that participates in the PNG Football Association’s National Soccer League challenge is also covered under this investment. Apart from soccer, the company has also invested in rugby league and netball. The company sales and marketing head Harry Kaisa said yesterday that an 18-member contingent that includes 18 players and four officials will be travelling to New Zealand. Unfortunately, he said their Solomon Islands recruits Tutizama Tanito and Andrew Rarangia will not be able to join them due to visa problems. Kaisa added that despite its inaugural year of supporting the franchise club, the company was happy to extend its arm to soccer as much as rugby league through Digicel Cup champions Lae Snax Tigers. Lae Biscuit Company also extends its best of luck to Toti City FC in the OFC Champions League quarter finals.last_img read more

Grand jury hands down indictments on Wednesday

first_imgJACKSBORO, TN (WLAF) – The following indictments were returned by the Campbell County Grand Jury yesterday:-Jennifer LeFevers, no age or address available – first offense DUI, driving on a suspended license-River Marlow, age 42, of La Follette- theft over $2,500, burglary-John Barta, age 47, of Jacksboro– two counts aggravated domestic assault, assault, false imprisonment, simple possession of marijuana, possession drug paraphernalia-William Odum, Jr., age 48 of La Follette – two counts auto burglary, possession of schedule II controlled substance (meth), possession drug paraphernalia, theft under $1,000-Lyndol Miller, age 74, of La Follette – first offense DUI-Chad Cordell, age 38, of Caryville – DUI, open container, violation of the Implied Consent Law-Darlene Carroll, age 65, of La Follette – DUI-Denzoal Shulze, age 34, of Versailles, Kentucky – DUI, possession of a schedule VI (marijuana), two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, simple possession schedule V controlled substance(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 07/11/2019-6AM)Share this:FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Brentford ‘almost starting from scratch’ in manager search

first_imgSee also:Smith leaves Brentford to become Villa bossWhy Brentford players won’t lose sleep over a change of managerFrank to be considered for Brentford jobBrentford’s Konza scores in England Under-21 winO’Kelly to join Smith at Aston VillaLeeds defender faces FA charge for comments after Bees gameBees keeper being considered for Ireland call-up Brentford are almost “starting from scratch” in their search for Dean Smith’s successor, according to co-director of football Phil Giles.AdChoices广告Smith left to take charge of Aston Villa on Wednesday, leaving the Bees in need of a new boss.Thomas Frank, who was assistant coach and has been placed in caretaker charge, is being considered for the job. Speaking at a fans’ forum on Thursday, Giles said the club do not yet have a detailed plan in place but he is hopeful progress can be made in the coming days.Giles said: “Are we starting from scratch today? More or less, yes.“We don’t have a detailed plan but we are pretty confident we can make good decisions over the next few days and move this club onto a new level.”Brentford’s other co-director of football Rasmus Ankersen said they will not prioritise Championship experience when pursuing Smith’s replacement.“We are pretty open-minded. We aren’t necessarily looking for someone with Championship experience,” he said.“We want someone who can build on what has already been built.”Brentford return to Championship action on October 20 when they host Bristol City. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more